Test Plan generating process consists of execution of all the Test cases in it. Test cases are executed one by one according to their order in a Test Plan. To generate a Test Plan a new Test Plan Run, associated with the Test Plan, should be created.
Note: A new Test Plan Run will be created every time a Test Plan needs to be executed. This allows to track summary of a Test Plan’s executions.
To start a Test Plan execution, click the “Generate Test Plan Run” buttonnext to the Test Plan.
Once you click on it, you will be automatically forwarded to the Test Plan Run Report page.
Here you can see how many Test cases were created for a Test Plan Run and how many scripts have been added to the Test Plan within each group.
Note: Any changes except deleting, to a Test Plan after it has been moved to the Test Plan Run state are forbidden.
- To delete the group, click on button.
- To delete the Test scenario, click on button.
- To delete the Test case, click on button.
- There is a Note section available on a Test Plan Run Report, so that you can type any notes about this Test Plan Run if required.
Tip: Before playing the Test Plan Run, make sure the rTester(s) is available. You can check the rTester status from View rTester section. You can also check the availability of them by clicking on the button in the Menu Bar.
Note: If you try to execute a Test Plan Run and there were not any rTester available, the AppVerify will display an error message on the top of the Test Plan Run page.
When you are done with the Test Plan Run, it is ready to be played. To do it, click on button.
Here are some screenshots of the running process:
Note: You can track the rTester’s status by checking the messages displayed on top of the page.
You can invisible them by unchecking the “Show rTester status” option.
Note: At any moment you can stop the test plan execution process. To do it, click on button.
For every Test case AppVerify will specify its run result: Succeed, Failed or Not Played.
- Succeed: The Test casehas been passed successfully.
- Failed: There are some issues related to this Test case.
- Not Played: The Test PlanRun has been stopped and the Test case will be executed later.
After the Test Plan Run execution has been completed, the results will be visible on the Test Plan Run Report. The report contains general information about the Test Run including the name of the Test Plan, Test Plan ID, the number of the Test Plan Run, Test cases, error messages, screenshots, Run time and the test end time. It also contains the optional note of the Test Plan Run that you add when you run the test.
At the top of the page you can see how many test cases have been Passed, Failed, or Not Played within a Test Plan Run.
- To view the failure screenshot for the Failed ones, click on(camera) button.
After the Test Plan Run is over, AppVerify gathers various information on the Test Plan Run and shows this data in the Test Plan Run Report. You can export this data to an external file to view it outside of AppVerify Controller.
- To export the report, click on “Export to Word” button. AppVerify will export Test results to the specified .doc file.