This step-by-step article describes how to set Java security in Internet Explorer.
Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer
\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Internet Zone
Select the Java permissions setting on the right pane
After enabling this policy setting, choose the permission setting from the drop-down box. Custom, to control permissions settings individually.
- Low Safety enables applets to perform all operations.
- Medium Safety enables applets to run in their sandbox, plus capabilities like scratch space and user-controlled file I/O.
- High Safety enables applets to run in their sandbox. Disable Java to prevent any applets from running.
- If you disable this policy setting, Java applets cannot run.
- If you do not configure this policy setting, the permission is set to High Safety.